CURRENT Students / parentsInformation
We understand the busy nature of today’s life. This is why our Extended Care Program aims to help parents organize and manage work and drop off/pick up schedules by providing a hassle-free alternative.After the child’s formal schedule (8:00 – 11:00 AM for Preschool 1, Preschool 2, and Preschool 3, 8:30 AM – 12:30 PM for Junior Kindergarten), the students transition to the Extended Care program and participate in a variety of age-appropriate, educational and play-oriented activities, including games, arts and crafts, music, and more.
At the Canadian American School, our goal is to help our students develop into well-rounded individuals. We offer after-school clubs that go beyond just advancing the academics. From sports and recreation to technology-related courses (coding and robotics), language programs, and study tours, we make sure our students’ lives are rich and vibrant.
After-school clubs aim to develop our students’ special skills and interests. Interested in other programs aside from sports? Please find a list of After-School Clubs here.
We offer a Hot Lunch Program at an additional cost, as an option for our students. Weekly lunch menus are emailed to parents. Teachers have access to a refrigerator and microwave to cool or heat up each child’s meal and students dine under the supervision of their teachers.
At CAS, we offer a Hot Lunch Program, at additional cost, as a daily meal option for our students. Weekly lunch menus are emailed directly to participating CAS families every prior Sunday evening. Students take their recess & lunch meals under the supervision of their teachers and learning support specialists; families have access to a refrigerator and microwave oven to keep cool or heat up packed snacks and lunch meals.
Sample Hot Lunch Menu
- Monday Baked Fish Fillet + Buttered Green Beans + Thai Jasmine Rice
- Tuesday Cubed Pork** Adobo Stew + Rosemary Herbed Potato Wedges + Thai Jasmine Rice
- Wednesday Spaghetti Pasta + Creamy Alfredo Sauce with Mushrooms & Bacon Bits**
- Thursday Herbed Minced Beef + Creamy Mashed Potatoes + Thai Jasmine Rice
- Friday Beef Balls with Sweet Sour Sauce + Caramelized Carrot Wedges + Thai Jasmine Rice
**If your child has dietary restrictions or is allergic to any type of food that may be contained in the Hot Lunch Meal served at CAS, please pack a homemade lunch meal to substitute the restricted meal. We urge parents to fill up completely our Emergency Care Plan in order for our School Nurse to manage your child’s health plan — allergen levels and dietary restrictions — while attending CAS.
We offer pick-up and drop-off transport services for all CAS families. Our school shuttle picks up and drops off children right at their home. Bus routes, as well as pick up and drop off times, are generally based on the number of students and their home addresses. Security Officers (Bus Moms / Dads) are authorized to deliver students only to their fathers, mothers, yayas, or blood relatives. To learn about fees and shuttle service coverage area, please contact us.
General Terms and Conditions:
- Included in Tuition and Fees payment plan
- No unused portion of transportation fee shall be refunded.
- It is the responsibility of the parents/caregivers to inform the school if child is not going to be picked up. A PHP500 penalty will be assessed otherwise.
- Car seats are available upon request. Understanding that some children may not fit the standard car seat available in school, parents may need to provide their own car seat to secure the child while in the vehicle.
- Students under four-years old are required to be accompanied by a companion or caregiver. One companion or caregiver rides free of charge.
- All accompanying caregivers must avoid loud chatter inside the vehicle so as not to distract the driver.
- As a safety precaution, the school shuttle can only wait five minutes at a designated stop before going to the next stop. This will ensure students’ timely arrival.